This article is all about the “NBI Clearance in Canada” or “How To Apply For NBI Clearance in Canada?”. It is intended for NBI Clearance Candidates who are searching for an updated complete guide on How To Get Your NBI Clearance in Canada. So let’s check it out.
What Are The NBI Clearance Requirements in Canada?
The NBI Clearance application requirements in Canada. You just need to provide to following:
- A finished NBI Clearance Form No. 5
- A 2” x 2” photo copy with white background, taken within 3 months before to the NBI Clearance application
- Photocopies of your Philippine Passport
- You may also need to give extra Valid IDs for NBI Clearance (optional).
Where to get NBI Clearance in Canada?
➽ First of all, you need to visit the nearest Philippine consulate that processes your NBI Clearance in Canada
So for your comfort here we provide the complete list of the Philippine consulate offices in Canada, you may refer to the list below.
Philippine Consulate General, Calgary:
- Suite 920, 517 1oth Ave.
- SW Calgary,
- Alberta T2R 0A8 (Centre 10 Bldg. corner of 4th and 5th St.)
- Telephone Numbers (403) 455-9483, (403) 455-9343, (403) 455-9457 and (403) 455-9346
Philippine Consulate General, St. John’s :
- 27 Symonds Ave.,
- St. John’s,
- Newfoundland and Labrador,
- A1E 3A4
- Telephone Numbers (+709) 777 4486 and (+709) 754 2823
Philippine Consulate General, Toronto :
- 7th Floor,
- 160 Eglinton Avenue,
- East Toronto, Ontario,
- M4P 3B5
- Telephone Numbers (416) 922-7181
Philippine Consulate General, Edmonton :
- Room 107,
- 4990 92 Avenue,
- Edmonton, Alberta,
- T6V 2V4
- Telephone Number (+780) 415 4303
Philippine Consulate, Saskatoon:
- 14-115 3rd Avenue South,
- Saskatchewan S7K 1L7
- Telephone Number (+306) 384 7800
Philippine Consulate, CharlotteTown:
- 10 Shell Court Charlottetown
- Prince Edward Island
- C1A 2Z8 with
- Telephone Numbers (902) 894-7701 and (902) 393-4850
Philippine Consulate General, Vancouver:
- Suite 660,
- 999 Canada Place Vancouver,
- British Columbia,
- V6C 3E1
- Telephone Numbers (604) 685-1619 and (604) 685-7645
Philippine Consulate General, Halifax :
- 1559 Brunswick Street Ogden Pond Building Halifax,
- Nova Scotia
- B3J 2G1
- Telephone Number (902) 240-0833
➽ We advice all the NBI Clearance candidates to call first to confirm the following things.
- An appointment is needed for the NBI Clearance Application.
- To confirm if the specific NBI Clearance Consulate office is processing your NBI Clearance Application.
➽ Next, please get a copy of the NBI Clearance Form No. 5 ( It is also known as the Fingerprint Card No. 5).
➽ Once you get your hands to this NBI Clearance Form No. 5, then fill out.
➽ The NBI Clearance Form No. 5 needs personal information from you that wants to be handwritten on both sides of the application form.
In the case of a married woman, please follow the order in writing the name.
- First name or Given name
- Husband’s Last Name
- Maiden Last Name (Father’s surname or Surname of maiden)
- Maternal Last Name (Maiden’s Last Name of a mother or Middle name or Your mother’s surname when she was a virgin )
➽ After finishing the NBI Clearance form no. 5, you can proceed to the Philippine Consulate General to have your fingerprint mark.
➽ They might tell you to proceed to the nearest Agency or Police Station to have your fingerprint marked on the allocated spaces in the NBI Clearance form no. 5.
➽ Then after If the fingerprint mark is complete through the help of the Police Officer or Agency, then you can please make sure to have the full name, signature and official name of the officer who handled your fingerprint impression.
➽ Next please Attach the latest 2×2 Photocopy you have in the NBI Clearance Application form.
➽ After completing this whole process, you can submit your NBI Clearance application for consularization.
Processing Your NBI Clearance in Canada
➽ Next step for Consularization, you require to pay them the Consularization Charges.
➽ You can pay your Consularization fee through the Money order cause they also accept Money Order if you’re going to mail them your Consularization payment, but please make sure that the money order is payable to the Philippine Consulate General.
➽ You also require to submit the finished NBI Clearance Form No. 5, a self-addressed return cover if you prefer to receive your NBI Clearance thru the mail.
➽ Your Philippine Passport (at least 3) photocopies and your Living Residence Card or work permit whichever is available.
➽ Next, After the Consularization completion, then you will get your NBI Clearance Form No.5 back. But If you wanted to receive back the documents via mail, then it will be sent back to you within 3 to 5 working days.
➽ At last, you have two option to do it
You can request the Philippine Consular to have done it for you. When you take this option, you require to secure another Money Order or bank draft (negotiable in the Philippines) amounting to P200 payable to:
- National Bureau of Investigation
- Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila,
While the NBI Clearance form No. 5 must be addressed to the following:
Ms. Julie Macalit
- IRD – Mailed Clearance Section
- National Bureau of Investigation
- Taft Ave., Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines
The following are the authorized banks:
Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank Co. (HSBC)
- ANZ – A New Zealand Bank
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI)
Philippine National Bank (PNB)
- 365 West Broadway, Vancouver BC V5Y 1P8
- (applicants will be issued payment receipt to be sent with the NBI application documents to NBI, Manila)
Next, After sending the NBI Clearance form, it will be sent to the Philippines for the process.
The ETA of your NBI Clearance application from the Philippines to your doorsteps in Canada is around 3 to 5 working days.
if you don’t want to follow the previous step, then you have an option to send the NBI Clearance application form No. 5 form Canada to your authorized agent currently living in the Philippines.
Don’t forget to give him/her NBI Clearance Authorization latter Indicating that you are authorizing him/her to process your NBI Clearance.
Your authorized agent require to have your NBI Clearance Application Form processed in the National Bureau of Investigation Main office located in Taft Ave, Manila.
The person you authorized requires to bring your NBI Clearance application form in the Electronic Data Processing Division of National Bureau of Investigation.
That was all about the How To Apply For NBI Clearance in Canada?. We hope it will helpful to you but If you have any question regarding this post, then please feel free to leave a comment below in the comment box, we will try to solve your problem as soon as possible. Thanks.